Fair Processing Notice
Repair & Assure Limited understands that your information is important and in the wrong hands it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms. In order to help you protect your information this notice will explain what information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how long we keep it for, who can access it and what your rights are.
What we need
We need to collect the following information;
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Information about your appliance, including make, model, warranty dates and its age
- Home address
- Banking details & Payment details
Why we need it
We need this information in order to be able to;
- Handle your enquiries with your consent.
- Carry out repairs as you have contracted us to do.
- Market our services where you have consented.
- Take payment for the services you have contracted
What we do with it
When you make an enquiry, we will add your details to our customer management system. This information will be used to generate relevant quotes for servicing or coverage questions.
When booking a repair, additional information will be taken that is needed for the booking, and that information will be passed through to our engineering partners so that they can attend the booking.
When you opt in to our marketing we will add you name to our call listings and contact you by the telephone with relevant marketing offers approximately once a quarter.
To make a payment your details are passed on to our card processing supplier and a record of the payment and whether it was successful is held in our accounting system.
We do not use any automated decision making. We may send data to the following countries;
· USA (In line with the EU/US Privacy Shield)
These countries have been deemed to have suitable data protection measures in place and your rights and freedoms are not affected.
FREEPHONE 0800 088 2943
Contact Details for the controller of your data:
REPAIR & ASSURE LTD,
26 NORTH STREET,
0800 088 2943
Contact Details for the Data Protection Officer
FOA DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
REPAIR & ASSURE LTD,
26 NORTH STREET,
0800 088 2943
How long we keep it
We generally retain your information for the length of your plan, or for 6 months after your booking, whichever is shorter.
In special circumstances including but not limited to fraud investigation, ongoing complaint proceedings, or additional opt-in marketing requests your data may be held in addition to our standard practice.
How will it affect you
Providing us with incorrect or incomplete information may affect our ability to provide you with effective cover, repairs, replacements or marketing offers. In addition, incorrect or incomplete information may negate any coverage with us up to and including warranty and guarantee coverage.
Who can see it
In order to repair you appliance, maintain your warranty, or offer you replacement appliances we need to pass you information to:
- Service Power Limited
- Whirlpool Limited
- Currys Limited
Payments made us by card are handled by our payment provider we do not keep or store card details on our systems.
Any information entered in to the forms on our website (https://www.repairandassure.com/) will only be seen by ourselves, and our web service providers, who are contractually bound only to use the data as instructed by us.
We will not sell your data, nor pass it on to any third parties for marketing without your prior explicit consent.
How we protect it
All data you provide is kept secure and any staff or contractors that handle this data have a commitment and the necessary training to keep it private and secure. We have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure that data is handled correctly, kept secure, and have implemented the necessary technical controls to support these.
What are your rights
- Request a copy of the data we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please submit a subject access request to Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943.
- Request that we correct or update the data that we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please email Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943.
- Request that we delete the information we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please email Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943.
- Request that we keep your data but do not use it. If you wish to do this then please email Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943.
- Request that we send a copy of your data to another organization. If you wish to do this then please email Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943.
- Object to how we are using data. If you wish to do this then please email Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943.
- Raise a compliant with the Information Commissioner’s Office about us. If you wish to do this please follow the link to the ICO and follow their instructions https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- Take us or the Information Commissioner’s Office to court. If you wish to do this then if you wish to do this then please contact us on Support@repairandassure.com or call 08000882943 or the ICO as listed https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ .
Additionally, we must inform you of the following:
- If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.
- If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data.